Injury Prevention Workshop
In this one hour workshop, learn the principles of designing an exercise program to reduce the incidence of the most common athletic injuries.
Most people assume that chronic injuries are just a part of playing sports and being an athlete.
That couldn't be further from the truth! Not that we can avoid all injuries, but putting together a solid training plan can significantly reduce the risk.
Here are some of the most common risk factors for injury:
- Having had a previous injury of any kind
- Muscle stiffness that inhibits proper range of motion in joints
- Lack of core strength and stability
- Inability to perform fundamental movement patterns such as squatting, stepping, and lunging
- Relative strength to body weight ratio
- Lack of tissue extensibility and durability
- Overtraining or undertraining
- Poor technique in sport skills or exercise
The combinations of these also significantly increase the risk of getting hurt.
In this workshop you will learn how to counter all of these risks with a proper movement prep (warm up) routine as well as the necessary speed, power, strength, endurance, and recovery plan.